Friday, January 4, 2008

Dad, Mom, and All The Memories of Colorado


As you can see we had a great time and no one got mad at me for wanting to take their picture. In fact, I believe we completed all these pictures in record time with so many people involved. We only had one small problem with my brother-in-law Jim looking away from the camera. Sarah always says he is her fifth child! I may be inclined to agree today. :-) I am only quoting Sarah and teasing Jim a bit.

Here are some of my favorite memories. If I forget anything email me and I will add to the list!
* Tyson's cabbage patch doll (thanks Jim)
* Kurt's Rook strategy calling for the yellow ten as his power partner
* Finding one nude Jameson outside in the Colorado winter
* "I told you all to be quiet and now I'm done with you." Chloe age 5
* Jim's special present to Jared....a picture of himself (thanks to clever Tyson)
* Luke and his passion for football
* Rachael shooting a 9 mm handgun for the first time and hitting the target (not everyone did and I was certain we would start an avalanche)
* Discovering Dad cheats at Rook.....the knee press
* Megan strapping her doll to her chest with her new rope from grandpa while moving her luggage upstairs
* Jack's new found love for Martinelli's apple cider
* 2 high chairs and three babies
* Sarah and Rebecca trying to open their birthday presents amongst the chaos of all their children
* Tyson getting "rained" on (there was a leak upstairs) while taking care of some personal bathroom business
* Yummy food and cooking together....2 deep fat fried turkeys
* Fantastic family fun and enjoying each other
* Snow on Christmas
* Cassie's Christmas letter to Gracey....best friends
* Rhino rides and seeing a herd of elk not even 30 yards away
* Mom starting the paper towel's on fire..."I am not used to a gas stove" she says
* Nana and Tyson sledding with the kids
* Nana teaching Gracey the finer points of blowing her nose without a tissue and Tyson admonishing Gracey not to do that on her first date
* Gracey reporting to Nana her mother said she "couldn't go in for three hours"
* After sledding and slightly hitting a low tree branch, Megan pulling her hair back and asking Nana "Do you see any ticks?"
* Megan listing all the things she's been concerned about in her life which include "aliens, global warming, the bird flu, cholesterol, and ticks"
* Caden's lego masterpieces
* Jack's red cheeks
* Church and everyone laughing at Dad's rolling R's while singing a hymn "Rejoice Rejoice"
* Pinecone doughnuts taking 45 minutes to find....it was worth it

No comments: