Saturday, June 14, 2008

Celebrating All The Men in My Life

Father!  To God himself we cannot give a holier name.

  -William Wordsworth 

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. 

-Theodore Hesburgh

DSC_0273

Here is a photo of most of the men in my life.  (Jack was in transit at the time of this photo.)  None of these men live with me as I haven't found one desirous of that position.  However, I want to note the incredible impact each of them have had on me, my mother, my sisters, my sister-in-law, and my nieces and nephews.  They are diligent and hard working. They are ambitious providers.  They love and respect my father and mother.  They are eager to get together and seem to enjoy the chaos when all 25 of us gather.  If they don't enjoy the chaos they hide it well.  They set good examples for their children.  They are funny.  They are honest.  They are intelligent.  They are handy.  They are dependable.  They are industrious.  They love their wives.  They love their children.  And luckily, they even seem to love me...most of the time. 

And then there's my Dad.  He is funny.  He is considerate.  He loves my Mom.  He loves his children.  He loves his grandchildren.  He works hard.  He loves ice cream.  He loves to visit his brothers.  He loves football.  He is the best story teller.  I might have heard the trailer passing him in his truck story a million times, but I still laugh to tears when he is telling it once more.  He could write a book titled "How Not To" for several of his projects a family friend has said.  He can figure anything out.  He can rebuild the innards of your closet in efforts to utilize more space than you knew was available.  He is smart.  He cries during touching movies...especially "Rudy".  He is kind.  He is a competitor.  He loves to play Rook.  He is good to his employees.  He is honest.  He's my Dad!  I love you.

Happy Father's Day! 

No comments: