Sunday, August 17, 2008

Eighth Wonder

He did it.   My Olympic fish for a boyfriend did it!  Michael Phelps won his eighth gold medal!  I have got the PHever and it is burning hot and world record fast!  An Australian swimmer described him as...... "simply otherworldly" !  So I have joined the Australian swimmer and can't quit crying because we have just witnessed history being made!  The anthem is playing.....the flag is going up..... and now he is going to find his mother and sisters.....oh gosh I am a hot mess.  Sorry....inspirational sports stories do this to me.  All I have to do is listen to the music of the movie "Rudy" and I am all done!  Perhaps I can now reclaim my life and get some sleep.

phelps7

phelps6

phelps5

3 comments:

Angie said...

You are a hot mess!!!! But it gives all the rest of us some great entertainment!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I agree that he is amazing, but he's got a bit of a speech impediment. And his swimming suits are starting to scare me. But maybe that's why your a HOT mess.

Rachael said...

Speech impediment smeech impediment. He swims faster than a fish! And yes...the suits are a little over the top.....but did you happen to catch the block M? I love a man willing to ink his allegiance to my favorite school!