Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Quilts of Love

I don't know what I've done to deserve two particular gifts received recently.  In fact, there is nothing I could do to feel worthy of such rare gifts of love.  I feel like they deserve their very own post showing just how talented my lovely friends are.  Can you believe how lucky I am?  Every time I think about it how much I love and appreciate all the time and effort put into these masterpieces of fabric, the tears start welling up.  There are not words to express my gratitude for both of these precious gifts that came from some of my most treasured friends.  Some I see more often, but it does not diminish the place they hold in my heart!  I love you guys and you know who you are. 

I found a few poems that express some of thoughts of my heart.  I tried to write my own poem but failed miserably.  I didn't want to put off posting this any longer.

PS...the photos do not do them justice!

PPS....does anyone see some X's and O's in fall football fashion? 

Idaho 2008-5219

Idaho 2008-5222

There are quilts that make me wonder.
There are quilts that make me blink.
There are quilts that tug my heartstrings.
There are quilts that make me think.

But the quilts that mean the most
And that fill my heart with glee
Aren't the ones I see at quilt shows.
But the rare gift made for me!

-author unknown

Idaho 2008-5220

Idaho 2008-5223

A Treasure

Mildred Hatfield

It's more than a coverlet,
More than a spread,
This beautiful quilt
That graces my bed.

It's laughter and sorrow,
It's pleasure and pain,
It's small bits and pieces
Of sunshine and rain.

It's a bright panorama
Of scraps of our lives-
It's moments of glory,
It's moments of strife.

It's a story I cherish
Of days that have been,
It's a door I can open
To live them again.

Yes, it's more than a cover,
This much-treasured quilt,
It's parts pieced together
Of lives shared and built.

2 comments:

Ryan + Angie said...

Those are some amazing quilts. Someone put a lot of work into them. Thanks for sharing.

Angie said...

Ahhh, that is so nice. They will love that.