Tuesday, September 2, 2008

GG's Clothesline

What is it about home?  While I did not grow up in Idaho, my mother took us there every summer and going there feels just like going home for Christmas after a first college semester away.  It's a place full of memories, family, and the Snake River that constantly flows from one generation to the next.  And here is the next generation running through the laundry on GG's clothesline.  A clothesline where GG spent hours hanging clothes, where Grandpa hung clothes after GG had children, where my Mom and her siblings spent hours together in the summer, where Malee taught me how to properly hang the bed linens, and where all of us have spent considerable amounts of time working, laughing, and hanging the laundry together. 

  Idaho 2008-5296

Idaho 2008-5298

Idaho 2008-5300

Idaho 2008-5313

Idaho 2008-5324

6 comments:

Eliza said...

Why aren't you in bed?!

LOVE them!

Carly said...

Rachael, these are so amazing. I love the excitement you were able to capture. I love the clotheslines at our house and my grandma's house too.

Angie said...

some of your best work!!!

Ryan + Angie said...

I love the colors. So cute and the kids look like they are having so much fun.

4 Week Slimdown said...

Hi.. Vickie is traveling a ton in October.. The only weekend she will be home that whole month is the 18th. So she wanted me to keep in touch with you to see what weekend you are coming.. In sept or oct. thanks :)

Katie said...

oh my gosh Rach! I love these! They are SOOO adorable!