Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finally


The day of the clink party has come and gone. I just didn't realize it would be our illustrious former mayor out in front leading the "I'm too happy about going to jail parade" in court. I could not believe the jovial manner he conducted himself in. He was laughing, smirking, and hugging his wife right up until the judge told him his seven political funds were going to be drained and he was not allowed to use that money for personal gain. The look on his face and the audible gasp from his supporters was high drama. This gravy train is over. He displayed so many reminders of why he ended up here in the first place. Read here and here. His father's parting comment rendered me speechless regarding how he felt "like thousands of black fathers watching their sons be railroaded into jail". What? Perhaps we have an explanation for all this...the apple does not fall far from the tree.

2 comments:

taylor and laney said...

K, so at work Thursday, I sat and listened to three young black ladies read the text messaging transcript of Mr. Kilpatrick. I don't know what was more entertaining, thinking about the fact that an elected official really communicates like this or that 3 women are mocking him so much for it. It was hysterical. Glad he's gone and that he's represented his city so well.

Rachael said...

Yes! I wish Mr. KK could have also heard those ladies mock him. It is appalling this went on so long. But the investigations continue by Detroit and the Federal Government. I will be an eager spectator!