Monday, February 4, 2008

My Twins


While posting my birthday wishes for my sister Liza, I realized in the hustle and bustle of the holidays I had neglected to post Happy Birthday wishes to my twin sisters born on Christmas Day. Rebecca and Sarah were born in the 22nd month of my life and it has been a wild ride ever since. This year we were all together in Colorado to celebrate their birthdays, which doesn't happen often anymore. It was so much fun to celebrate Christmas until noon and their birthday in the evening. It was just as we had done for so many years while growing up. I always thought we were so lucky to have twins in our family. I have adored them so. I also discovered, for some strange reason, I don't have a digital picture of them together for this post. I will need to solve that problem very soon.

Just a few things I love about my sister Rebecca are...
* She is loving and kind.
* She is generous.
* She is tenderhearted.
* She sings like an angel.
* She is so fun to be around and the most fun to go shopping with.
* She makes the best Brazilian dinner you can find in the United States.
* She is creative as evidenced by all the beautiful cards, wedding announcements, baby announcements, etc designed and hand made by her.
* She never left her bed unmade in college and often had Sarah's made before she was out of it.
* She married funny Jared who has the best one liners of anyone I know. (i.e. picture of Bill Clinton and little Miss Monica sent via email asking my brother-in-law to get Hillary's autograph on this very special picture...still laughing about that one.)

Just a few things I love about my sister Sarah are...
* Her no nonsense wit that often includes a "get a grip" if her kids step out of line.
* She is industrious and expeditious in every thing she does.
* She can build a house, move, have her fourth baby, and barely miss a step.
* She teaches pre-school and all her kids love her.
* She has a quick solution to any obstacle.
* She sings like an angel and it sounds like heaven when she sings with Rebecca and/or Liza.
* She loves life.
* She's married to Jim and they keep us all entertained by the funny things that happen in their every day family life. (Turns out Jim needs a lot of help! Ha!)

No comments: